- 1 How big is the construction industry in the US?
- 2 How many construction workers are there in the US in 2019?
- 3 Who is the largest construction company in the United States?
- 4 Who is the largest construction company in the world?
- 5 What percentage of the US economy is construction?
- 6 Is the construction industry dying?
- 7 How many construction workers died in 2019?
- 8 How many employees does the average construction company have?
- 9 What is the turnover rate in construction?
- 10 Where is the most construction work in the US?
- 11 What is the best construction company?
- 12 What is a good name for construction company?
- 13 Who is the richest contractor in the world?
- 14 Which country is best for construction?
- 15 Who makes the most money in construction?
How big is the construction industry in the US?
Construction is a major contributor to the U.S. economy. The industry has more than 680,000 employers with over 7 million employees and creates nearly $1.3 trillion worth of structures each year. Construction is one of the largest customers for manufacturing, mining and a variety of services.
How many construction workers are there in the US in 2019?
U.S. construction sector employees by occupation 2019. The statistic shows the number of employees in the U.S. construction industry as of May 2019, broken down by occupation. As of this time, the construction industry in the United States employed approximately 67,080 brickmasons, blockmasons, and stonemasons.
Who is the largest construction company in the United States?
1. BECHTEL GROUP INC. Bechtel Group Inc. is a global engineering, construction, and project management company, currently the largest construction firm based in the U.S.
Who is the largest construction company in the world?
The China State Construction Engineering Corporation is the largest construction company in the world by revenue and the 14th largest general contractor in terms of overseas sales, as of 2016.
What percentage of the US economy is construction?
The statistic represents the estimated value of construction spending in the United States between 2008 and 2017 as a percentage of U.S. GDP. In 2017, the construction spending to GDP ratio stood at around 6.36 percent.
Is the construction industry dying?
The heavy and civil engineering construction segment of the industry lost 9,700 jobs in June and 60,100 jobs (-5.6 percent) over the year. Nonresidential building construction employment increased by 13,100 for the month but declined by 47,000 jobs (-5.5 percent) over 12 months.
How many construction workers died in 2019?
The 2019 rate of injuries per 100,000 workers in the private construction industry was 9.7, up 2.1% from 9.5 in 2018. On-the-job fatalities for all industries totaled 5,333, representing a fatal injury rate of 3.5 per 100,000 workers.
How many employees does the average construction company have?
The average Commercial Building Construction business in the US has 3.8 employees.
What is the turnover rate in construction?
Currently, there is an estimated 21.4% industry-wide construction employee turnover rate in this field, making it one of the highest rates among any industry. What’s more is the average cost of a turnover is up to 20% of the individual’s base pay.
Where is the most construction work in the US?
The 10 states offering the highest average pay for construction workers — along with their average annual salaries — are:
- Alaska: $66,430.
- New York: $66,390.
- Massachusetts: $65,520.
- New Jersey: $64,560.
- Washington: $63,660.
- California: $61,400.
- Minnesota: $61,100.
- Connecticut: $60,710.
What is the best construction company?
Get to know the top construction companies in 2019 below:
- Bechtel. Bechtel has established itself at the top of many published lists of top construction companies – and for good reason.
- Fluor Corporation.
- Turner Corporation.
- Skanska USA.
- Kiewit Corporation.
- Jacobs Engineering Group.
- PCL Construction Enterprises.
What is a good name for construction company?
Here are some cool, good, and catchy construction company names for your inspiration:
- A to Z Builders.
- USA Perfect Contractors.
- It’s about Buildings.
- Tick Constructions.
- Unique Home Buildings.
- Neighborhood Builders.
- Professional Bricks Tech.
- Bricks Blenders.
Who is the richest contractor in the world?
- Bechtel. Bechtel 2019 Total Revenue: $21.8 billion.
- The Turner Corporation. The Turner Corp.
- AECOM. AECOM 2019 Total Revenue: $11.1 billion.
- The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company.
- Kiewit Corporation.
- McDermott International.
- StructureTone (formerly STO Building Group Incorporated)
- Skanska USA.
Which country is best for construction?
Top 5 Construction Markets by 2030
- 1 – CHINA.
- 2 – UNITED STATES.
- 3 – INDIA.
- 4 – INDONESIA. With USD $68BN being poured into major infrastructure projects by 2019 alone, Indonesia is one of the fastest growing construction markets in Asia.
- 5 – UNITED KINGDOM. Historically the United Kingdom (UK) hasn’t featured on lists like this.
Who makes the most money in construction?
Top paying construction jobs
- Elevator installers and repairers ($84,990)
- Boilermaker ($63,100)
- Construction and building inspector ($60,710)
- Electrician ($56,180)
- Plumbers, pipefitters and steamfitters ($55,160)
- Ironworkers ($53,650)
- Sheet metal workers ($50,400)
- Carpenters ($48,330)