- 1 How many construction workers are there in the US in 2019?
- 2 What percentage of the workforce is construction?
- 3 How many employees does the construction industry have?
- 4 How many construction contractors are there in the US?
- 5 How many construction workers died in 2019?
- 6 What is the largest construction project in the world?
- 7 Are construction workers attractive?
- 8 What is the average age of a construction worker?
- 9 What is the turnover rate in construction?
- 10 What percentage of the US economy is construction?
- 11 Is the construction industry growing?
- 12 Who is the biggest general contractor in the US?
- 13 What is the biggest construction company in the USA?
- 14 Who is the largest construction company in the US?
How many construction workers are there in the US in 2019?
U.S. construction sector employees by occupation 2019. The statistic shows the number of employees in the U.S. construction industry as of May 2019, broken down by occupation. As of this time, the construction industry in the United States employed approximately 67,080 brickmasons, blockmasons, and stonemasons.
What percentage of the workforce is construction?
The share of construction in total payrolls in the economy fell to 4.1 percent from 5.7 percent. The sector has recovered since then, with employment rising to 7.5 million by December 2019.
How many employees does the construction industry have?
Construction is a major contributor to the U.S. economy. The industry has more than 680,000 employers with over 7 million employees and creates nearly $1.3 trillion worth of structures each year. Construction is one of the largest customers for manufacturing, mining and a variety of services.
How many construction contractors are there in the US?
There are over 700,000 construction companies in the country, with their collective, total annual revenues reaching $1.7 trillion dollars in 2016. And in the United States alone, construction industry expenditures have now exceeded 900 billion U.S. dollars.
How many construction workers died in 2019?
The 2019 rate of injuries per 100,000 workers in the private construction industry was 9.7, up 2.1% from 9.5 in 2018. On-the-job fatalities for all industries totaled 5,333, representing a fatal injury rate of 3.5 per 100,000 workers.
What is the largest construction project in the world?
- Stretching more than 21 square miles, Dubai’s Al Maktoum International Airport is the largest construction project in the world.
- Jabail II is an $11 billion expansion project for the 22-year-long industrial city project which started in 2014.
- The International Space Station orbits the earth once every 92 minutes.
Are construction workers attractive?
Construction workers tend to be big and strong, and women love being with someone who makes them feel dainty. Having a construction worker who can handle his own against massive beams and heavy machinery is quite appealing.
What is the average age of a construction worker?
According to Bureau of Labor Statistics data from the U.S. Department of Labor, the average age of workers in the construction industry is 42.5. The shift to a 42.5 year average age from a 40.5 year average age happened within a 7-year time frame in construction.
What is the turnover rate in construction?
Currently, there is an estimated 21.4% industry-wide construction employee turnover rate in this field, making it one of the highest rates among any industry. What’s more is the average cost of a turnover is up to 20% of the individual’s base pay.
What percentage of the US economy is construction?
The statistic represents the estimated value of construction spending in the United States between 2008 and 2017 as a percentage of U.S. GDP. In 2017, the construction spending to GDP ratio stood at around 6.36 percent.
Is the construction industry growing?
Positive trends in the residential market are the primary drivers of the booming construction industry growth. In the United States, private construction spending reached around 992 billion U.S. dollars in 2018. New construction put in place is forecast to reach over 1.53 trillion U.S. dollars by 2022.
Who is the biggest general contractor in the US?
The 50 biggest construction companies in the U.S. based on revenue 2019. With revenue figures of more than 15 billion U.S. dollars in 2019, Bechtel was ranked the leading construction contractor in the United States for the 22nd consecutive year.
What is the biggest construction company in the USA?
ENR 2017 Top 400 Contractors
|RANK 2017||RANK 2016||FIRM|
|1||1||BECHTEL, San Francisco, Calif.†|
|2||2||FLUOR CORP., Irving, Texas†|
|3||3||THE TURNER CORP., New York, N.Y.|
|4||4||CB&I LLC, The Woodlands, Texas†|
Who is the largest construction company in the US?
1. BECHTEL GROUP INC. Bechtel Group Inc. is a global engineering, construction, and project management company, currently the largest construction firm based in the U.S.