- 1 What cell is like a construction site?
- 2 What is the construction company of the cell?
- 3 What builds structures in a cell?
- 4 What is the main structure of a cell?
- 5 How a cell is like a city?
- 6 What cell is like a city hall?
- 7 What is the brain of a cell?
- 8 What is the function of a construction site?
- 9 What protects the cell and gives it shape?
- 10 What 4 cellular structures do all living cells have?
- 11 What is inside a cell?
- 12 What are the 5 cell structures?
- 13 What are the 10 structures of a cell?
- 14 What are the 7 functions of a cell?
- 15 What is a cell and its functions?
What cell is like a construction site?
1. Construction Site = Ribiosomes and Endoplasm Reticulum. A transport company is very similar to a part of a cell called the Golgi apparatus. The Golgi apparatus is a folded organelle in the cell and it has protein.
What is the construction company of the cell?
It contains small fibers that form threads that criss-cross across the entire cell. The cytoskeleton helps the cell with its structure, strength, and ability to divide. The Cytoskeleton is the Construction Company of Cell City because the frames that construction companies build must have structure and strength.
What builds structures in a cell?
The MTOC builds microtubules that help build an internal cell structure for shape and support. Microtubules can be found in any animal, plant, or fungal cell. Part of the cytoskeleton found in animal, plant, and fungal cells. Some bacteria also have microtubules, but not all bacteria.
What is the main structure of a cell?
A cell consists of three parts: the cell membrane, the nucleus, and, between the two, the cytoplasm. Within the cytoplasm lie intricate arrangements of fine fibers and hundreds or even thousands of miniscule but distinct structures called organelles.
How a cell is like a city?
A Cell is Like A City!
1. Nucleus = City Hall: they are both the controlling forces in the cell/city. Cell Membrane = Police Officers: they both control what goes in and out of the cell/city. They also both protect and support what is inside.
What cell is like a city hall?
|Cell Organelles||City Analogies|
|Nuclear Membrane||City Hall Fence with security guard|
|DNA||Original Blueprints or the city|
What is the brain of a cell?
The nucleus is considered the brain of the cell. The nucleus of every cell contains DNA, the hereditary information for an organism. Even though every cell contains the organism’s entire genome, each cell only expresses the parts of DNA that it needs to function.
What is the function of a construction site?
They are responsible for planning, budgeting, and overseeing progress. During the planning process they must decide what materials to be used, how to schedule employees, and create a schedule for the project. They must keep constant communication with all others on the project as well as the client.
What protects the cell and gives it shape?
The cell wall is a rigid covering that protects the cell, provides structural support, and gives shape to the cell.
What 4 cellular structures do all living cells have?
All cells share four common components: (1) a plasma membrane, an outer covering that separates the cell’s interior from its surrounding environment; (2) cytoplasm, consisting of a jelly-like region within the cell in which other cellular components are found; (3) DNA, the genetic material of the cell; and (4)
What is inside a cell?
Inside a Cell
A cell consists of a nucleus and cytoplasm and is contained within the cell membrane, which regulates what passes in and out. The nucleus contains chromosomes, which are the cell’s genetic material, and a nucleolus, which produces ribosomes.
What are the 5 cell structures?
1. Cell Structure
- cell walls.
- cell membrane.
What are the 10 structures of a cell?
Terms in this set (26)
- Nucleolus. A small organelle in the nucleus needed for protein manufacture.
- Endoplasmic Reticulum. A network of membranes used for storage and transport.
- Golgi apparatus.
What are the 7 functions of a cell?
The seven processes are movement, reproduction, response to external stimuli, nutrition, excretion, respiration and growth.
What is a cell and its functions?
Cells are the basic building blocks of all living things. The human body is composed of trillions of cells. They provide structure for the body, take in nutrients from food, convert those nutrients into energy, and carry out specialized functions. Cells have many parts, each with a different function.