- 1 What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
- 2 How do I draw a construction plan?
- 3 What is included in construction drawings?
- 4 Who prepares construction drawings?
- 5 What are different types of drawings?
- 6 Do you need construction drawings?
- 7 Can I draw my own house plans?
- 8 Can I draw my own garage plans?
- 9 Do I need an architect to draw plans?
- 10 What are the 3 types of construction?
- 11 How long do construction drawings take?
- 12 What order do construction drawings go in?
- 13 What are the five phases of construction?
- 14 What documents are needed for construction?
- 15 What are construction plans?
What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
What Are the Six Types of Construction Drawings?
- Interior and exterior elevations.
- Building and wall sections.
- Interior and exterior details.
- Schedules and room finishes.
- Framing and utility plans.
How do I draw a construction plan?
Steps to Draw a Building Plan
- Create a beginning point and proper scale for the project.
- Practice altering the scale.
- Create a plan of building and current property lines to scale, which should be done in an overhead view.
- Add some information to the plan.
- Sketch the details of the property.
- Label everything.
What is included in construction drawings?
Construction Finishing drawings include every type of components of the building, such as painting colors, flooring pattern, plastering texture, elevation design, and false ceiling shapes.
Who prepares construction drawings?
As-Built Drawings: As-Built Drawings are typically prepared by the contractor. They are more like interpolations done for construction purposes. On the original construction documents and drawings, the as-built changes are made by the contractor in red ink.
What are different types of drawings?
Different Kinds of Drawing
- Illustration Drawing. These are drawings that are created to represent the lay-out of a particular document.
- Life Drawing. Drawings that result from direct or real observations are life drawings.
- Emotive Drawing.
- Analytic Drawing.
- Perspective Drawing.
- Diagrammatic Drawing.
- Geometric Drawing.
Do you need construction drawings?
Construction drawings are used to construct the building, so it is important they contain everything the contractor needs to build. This will include information such as structural layout or grid, dimensions, clear labelling of elements.
Can I draw my own house plans?
It doesn’t take much in the way of resources to draw up your own house plans — just access to the Internet, a computer and a free architectural software program. If you prefer the old-school method, you’ll need a drafting table, drafting tools and large sheets of 24-by-36-inch paper to draft the plans by hand.
Can I draw my own garage plans?
You can still design your garage, but have an architect or engineer redraw your plans to ensure that everything is structurally sound. Drawing with designing software is nice, but it isn’t essential; an architect can work from a pencil drawing on graph paper just as easily.
Do I need an architect to draw plans?
You typically can, that is, if you or your builder have a talent for design, if you have a clear idea what you want, and if you (or your builder, or someone you know) can produce plans that satisfy your local building authorities. In all these situations, you could get by without an architect.
What are the 3 types of construction?
Broadly, there are three sectors of construction: buildings, infrastructure and industrial: Building construction is usually further divided into residential and non-residential.
How long do construction drawings take?
Depending on the size of the project and how much detail they need, it can take anywhere from 1 to 4 months from initial consultation to delivery for an architect to draw up plans. First drafts take anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks. Commercial projects can take anywhere from 2 to 10 months.
What order do construction drawings go in?
Drawings are always organized from most general to most specific or specialized. Since plans are most helpful to see the overall design of the project, they come first. Elevations and sections are a bit more specific and come next followed by details and schedules, which are the most specific type of drawings.
What are the five phases of construction?
A construction project entails 5 important stages: initiation, planning, implementation, performance and monitoring, and closing.
What documents are needed for construction?
10 Documents Must Be Included on Every Construction Project
- Contract Agreements and Contracts. The agreement to be used by the contracting officer (owner) and the contractor.
- Statement of Work (SOW)
- General Conditions.
- Special Conditions.
- Bill of Quantities.
- CSI MasterFormat Outline.
- Creating Construction Schedule.
What are construction plans?
Construction Plans are 2D Drawings
Information such as dimensions, parts, placement, and materials for each project can all be found in construction drawings to assure the project is completed correctly. Aside from the apparent specs and dimensions, construction plans also help communicate what the project is about.