- 1 How do you read building blueprints?
- 2 What are the three basic views used in construction prints?
- 3 How do you read a site plan?
- 4 Why is it called a blueprint?
- 5 What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
- 6 How many types of construction drawings are there?
- 7 What are the five parts of a blueprint?
- 8 How do you read construction elevations?
- 9 What is the master plan of a construction project called?
How do you read building blueprints?
4 Tips for Reading Blueprints
- Begin with the title block. The title block is the first piece of information you’ll see in construction site plans.
- Study the plan legend.
- Find the blueprint’s scale and orientation.
- Look for notes from the architect.
What are the three basic views used in construction prints?
In essence, there are three basic types of perspective drawings that are commonly used in architectural design and construction: one-point perspective, two-point perspective, and three-point perspective.
How do you read a site plan?
Tips on How to Read a Site Plan
- Find The Title Block. In the bottom right corner of most plans, you’ll find what’s called a title block.
- Learn the Plan’s Scale.
- Determine the Orientation of the Plan.
- Know the Datum Point.
- Note the Site’s Contours.
- Locate Existing Structures.
Why is it called a blueprint?
They were easier to read and faster to make. The process was simple, the machines were not overly expensive for reprographic companies and didn’t need extensive maintenance. For decades, bluelines were the way to make copies of architectural drawings. To this day, they are often called blueprints.
What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
What Are the Six Types of Construction Drawings?
- Interior and exterior elevations.
- Building and wall sections.
- Interior and exterior details.
- Schedules and room finishes.
- Framing and utility plans.
How many types of construction drawings are there?
5 Types of Construction Drawings Used in Commercial Construction.
What are the five parts of a blueprint?
A general engineering drawing can be divided into the following five major areas or parts.
- Title block.
- Grid system.
- Revision block.
- Notes and legends.
- Engineering drawing (graphic portion)
How do you read construction elevations?
Run the detector and / or front rod section up or down until you pick up the “on grade” signal from your detector. Read the number opposite the pointer. That number is your true elevation. If using an optical instrument, just read the number across the horizontal line.
What is the master plan of a construction project called?
In the construction planning process, you’ll produce a document called the construction master plan. This spells out how you will schedule, organize, direct, monitor, and control the project, and aims to meet the project’s technical, time, and cost requirements.