- 1 What is the submittal process in construction?
- 2 What are submittals used for?
- 3 What is a submittal package?
- 4 How do you create a submittal?
- 5 Who approves construction submittals?
- 6 What is construction documentation?
- 7 How do you do an RFI in construction?
- 8 What is a closeout submittal?
- 9 What is the difference between transmittal and submittal?
- 10 What are RFI submittals?
- 11 What is a submittal schedule?
- 12 Is submittal a real word?
- 13 What is submittal log?
- 14 What is the meaning of submittal?
- 15 How do I submit submittals in procore?
What is the submittal process in construction?
Submittals are those shop drawings, product data, samples, and mock-ups to be delivered to the design professional (the architect or engineer) for review and action as required by the contract documents. Various types of submittals are part of the construction process.
What are submittals used for?
Submittals in construction management are shop drawings, material data, samples, and product data. Submittals are required primarily for the architect and engineer to verify that the correct products will be installed on the project.
What is a submittal package?
A submittal package is a collection of submittal items grouped together by the contractor to expedite the approval process. The submittal coordinator should review and update the status of all items before submitting the package back to the contractor. To create a submittal package. Go to the Submittal Packages page.
How do you create a submittal?
- Navigate to the project’s Submittals tool.
- Click + Create > Submittal.
- Create a new submittal as follows: Add General Information. Update the Delivery Information. Create a Distribution List. Calculate Submittal Schedule Information (If Enabled) Apply a Submittal Workflow Template. Add Users to the Submittal Workflow.
Who approves construction submittals?
A submittal refers to the written and/or physical information provided by a responsible contractor (i.e., contractors and subs) to the general contractor. This information is submitted to the design team for approval of equipment, materials, etc. before they are fabricated and delivered to the project.
What is construction documentation?
Construction documents are the finalized design sets that will govern the construction of the project and are translated into the technical language of the contractors. These construction drawings are used by the contractors to build the required components as intended by the architect and the client.
How do you do an RFI in construction?
How to Submit Better RFIs in the Construction Industry
- Know That Timing Is Everything.
- Clearly Define the Problem.
- And Offer Solutions.
- Ask for the Response You Want.
- Centralize Data Access and Management.
- Standardize the Process.
- Provide Additional Information.
What is a closeout submittal?
“Closeout Submittals” make up their own special category. These include warranties, Operations and Maintenance (O&M) data, final test reports, occupancy and other agency approvals, and extra materials, such as the floor, wall, and ceiling tiles needed for future repairs.
What is the difference between transmittal and submittal?
submittals. Transmittals are a form of communication; however, it usually stands on its own. A transmittal doesn’t accompany any item or document. Transmittals can be updated documents or other documents that are necessary for construction.
What are RFI submittals?
The Construction RFI Process
Typically, RFI questions are asked and resolved during a project’s Bidding process and/or during the project’s course of construction.
What is a submittal schedule?
WHAT IS A SUBMITTAL SCHEDULE? ○ A list of submittals expected by the Owner. submittals through their progression of preparation by the Contractor and approval by the Owner before the materials and/or equipment can be ordered, and how they affect the construction progress.
Is submittal a real word?
“Submittal” is legitimate; although in dictionaries I just find it listed as a noun form related to “submit” (which it is), BusinessDictionary.com has several examples of “submittal” used in sentences. Obviously the second version is also OK. So grammatically, you’re good either way.
What is submittal log?
Submittal logs are generally created at the beginning of the project as a tracking mechanism to ensure that all materials and final designs are approved by the design team prior to installation. A submittal is a way for the designer to ensure that the contractor picked one of the already approved products or an equal.
What is the meaning of submittal?
1: an act or instance of submitting something: a sending or delivery of something for consideration, study, or decision The council approved a resolution to authorize the submittal of five grant applications to the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs, Law Enforcement and Traffic Safety Division.—
How do I submit submittals in procore?
- Navigate to the Project level Submittals tool.
- Navigate to the Packages tab.
- Click View next to the package with the submittals you want to send.
- If you want to send all of the submittals that are ready for review, click Send Now in the banner.