What is a Pilgrims hat called?
The capotain is especially associated with Puritan costume in England in the years leading up to the English Civil War and during the years of the Commonwealth. It is also commonly called a Flat Topped Hat and a Pilgrim hat, the latter for its association with the Pilgrims who settled Plymouth Colony in the 1620s.
How do you make a tricorn hat out of colonial felt?
- Wrap a piece of sentence strip around the head of the person who will wear the hat.
- Cut the sentence strip at the appropriate length.
- Place the circular strip on top of the felt fabric.
- Apply glue to the outer circumference of the felt circle.
- Make the brim of the hat with a fresh piece of felt.
How do you make a witch hat out of paper?
- 1Make a cone. Start out with a large sheet of black construction paper (e.g. 24″ x 36″).
- 2Cut fringes at the base.
- 3Fold out the fringes.
- 4Measure the diameter.
- 5Mark out the diameter.
- 6Draw a circle.
- 7Draw a bigger circle.
- 8Cut out the circles.