- 1 What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
- 2 How do you read commercial electrical plans?
- 3 How do you read a site plan?
- 4 How do you study structure drawings?
- 5 How many types of construction drawings are there?
- 6 Who prepares construction drawings?
- 7 What do construction drawings consist of?
- 8 How do I find building plans?
- 9 How do you calculate floor plans?
- 10 How do you draft a House plan?
- 11 What are electrical drawings called?
- 12 How do you read a construction blueprint?
- 13 What are the five basic parts of an electrical circuit?
What are the 6 types of construction drawings?
What Are the Six Types of Construction Drawings?
- Interior and exterior elevations.
- Building and wall sections.
- Interior and exterior details.
- Schedules and room finishes.
- Framing and utility plans.
How do you read commercial electrical plans?
Electrical plans in commercial spaces are generally drawn at the same scale as the floor plans. The most common scale for commercial projects is V8″ = l’-O” (1:100 metric).
How do you read a site plan?
Tips on How to Read a Site Plan
- Find The Title Block. In the bottom right corner of most plans, you’ll find what’s called a title block.
- Learn the Plan’s Scale.
- Determine the Orientation of the Plan.
- Know the Datum Point.
- Note the Site’s Contours.
- Locate Existing Structures.
How do you study structure drawings?
What you’ll learn
- Read structural drawings easily.
- Read detailed drawings of footings, slab, beam, column, staircase, etc.
- Plan and execute the construction projects.
- Estimate the building projects.
- Check and inspect reinforcement at the site.
- Prepare bar bending schedules.
How many types of construction drawings are there?
5 Types of Construction Drawings Used in Commercial Construction.
Who prepares construction drawings?
As-Built Drawings: As-Built Drawings are typically prepared by the contractor. They are more like interpolations done for construction purposes. On the original construction documents and drawings, the as-built changes are made by the contractor in red ink.
What do construction drawings consist of?
They are the pictorial record of the official design for the building, and generally include detailed depictions of every element of the finished building including the foundation, floor, walls, elevations, interior details and elevations, cabinetry, MEP design, structural details, and ceiling plans.
How do I find building plans?
From the County Clerk
Visit the county clerk’s office in the county where your home resides. This may be called the county recorder or land registrar in some municipalities. Once there, request copies of the blueprints on file for the property.
How do you calculate floor plans?
For a square or rectangular room, you will first need to measure the length and then the width of the room. Then multiply the length and width. Length x Width = Area. So, if your room measures 11 feet wide x 15 feet long, your total area will be 165 square feet.
How do you draft a House plan?
There are a few basic steps to creating a floor plan:
- Choose an area. Determine the area to be drawn.
- Take measurements. If the building exists, measure the walls, doors, and pertinent furniture so that the floor plan will be accurate.
- Draw walls.
- Add architectural features.
- Add furniture.
What are electrical drawings called?
A circuit diagram (electrical diagram, elementary diagram, electronic schematic) is a graphical representation of an electrical circuit.
How do you read a construction blueprint?
4 Tips for Reading Blueprints
- Begin with the title block. The title block is the first piece of information you’ll see in construction site plans.
- Study the plan legend.
- Find the blueprint’s scale and orientation.
- Look for notes from the architect.
What are the five basic parts of an electrical circuit?
The basic components of analog circuits are wires, resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, and transistors. Analog circuits are very commonly represented in schematic diagrams, in which wires are shown as lines, and each component has a unique symbol.