- 1 How do you frame a corner fireplace?
- 2 How do you design around a corner fireplace?
- 3 How can I make my corner fireplace look good?
- 4 How deep should a floating mantel be?
- 5 Can you have a gas fireplace on an interior wall?
- 6 How do you place furniture in a living room with a corner fireplace?
- 7 How much space do you need for a corner fireplace?
- 8 How do you layout a living room with a fireplace?
- 9 How do you decorate a corner in a living room?
- 10 How do I decorate my mantel?
- 11 How can I decorate my fireplace?
- 12 How high should a mantel be off the floor?
- 13 How high should a TV be mounted above a mantle?
- 14 How much should a mantel overhang?
How do you frame a corner fireplace?
- Step 1 – Take Measurements. Measure the wall space for your corner fireplace.
- Step 2 – Cut the Frames. Using a saw, cut pieces of wood to the appropriate dimensions.
- Step 3 – Assemble the Frame.
- Step 4 – Secure with Wood Glue and Screws.
- Step 5 – Lay the Fireplace.
- Step 6 – Clean the Floor.
How do you design around a corner fireplace?
Here are a few design ideas on how to arrange your room around a corner fireplace.
- Furniture Angled with Fireplace. You can angle your furniture to be parallel with your fireplace.
- Perpendicular to Fireplace.
- Perpendicular to Fireplace and Parallel to TV.
- Sectional Sofa.
- Far Back.
- Subdivide the Room.
How can I make my corner fireplace look good?
For a more modern approach, using natural materials such as glass, slate or concrete will give your fireplace a more polished look. Symmetry is also an important design aspect since this is a corner fireplace after all. You want a balanced appearance so take note of doors, windows and the overall symmetry of the room.
How deep should a floating mantel be?
A depth of 7 inches is ideal for most mantels, as it allows plenty of room to accommodate decorative objects. Keep in mind that the top and the sides of the mantel should be the same depth. First, use a measuring tape and pencil to measure and mark the mantel top to size.
Can you have a gas fireplace on an interior wall?
Their inner and outer shell construction allows for maximum heat insulation.” As long as you have a natural gas connection or propane availability, you can install a gas fireplace almost anywhere in your home—under a window, in either an outside or inside wall, at wainscot or floor level, in a corner or even in the
How do you place furniture in a living room with a corner fireplace?
Round out the living room by floating furniture to face the center of your seating area, which will help direct focus to the corner fireplace. Punch up your mantelpiece. With the corner fireplace as the centerpiece in this angled living room layout, you want to make sure it stands out.
How much space do you need for a corner fireplace?
Think about normal traffic flow through the room. Be sure your fireplace location is at least 36 inches from any combustible wall that lacks protection. If you add a wall protector, you may be able to reduce the clearance to 12 inches.
How do you layout a living room with a fireplace?
Do’s and Don’ts for Living Room Layouts with a Fireplace
Use coffee tables and ottomans to create pathways, not block them. DO place an accent chair beside the fireplace, creating an inviting and warm fireplace seat for you or a guest. DON’T put a rug too close to the fireplace.
How do you decorate a corner in a living room?
How to Decorate in Corners
- Go All In On a Gallery Wall. Extending a gallery wall into a corner helps the lines of your space disappear.
- Create Additional Seating.
- Add a Desk.
- Try a Window Seat.
- Don’t Forget About Plants.
- Floor Lamps Work Great.
- Put a Chair in the Corner.
- Rustic Entry Nook.
How do I decorate my mantel?
You can also use decorative touches to highlight your mantel, with clever tips such as layering antique mirrors, hanging a vintage oil painting above, or adorning it with lush plants.
How can I decorate my fireplace?
20 Fireplace Decor Ideas That’ll Light Up Your Living Room
- of 20. Shelve Books.
- of 20. Hide the TV.
- of 20. Mount Pretty Plates.
- of 20. Pile Birch Logs.
- of 20. Bring in Tall Branches.
- of 20. Group Neutral Accessories.
- of 20. Lean a Mirror.
- of 20. Hang a Portrait.
How high should a mantel be off the floor?
Mantel Height: We recommend installing the mantel 4.5′ from the floor. This allows room for stockings during the holidays. Most housing codes and the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) state that the bottom of the mantel must be at least 12” away from the top of the fireplace box.
How high should a TV be mounted above a mantle?
If in Doubt, Do a Little Math: Depending on the height of your mantel — or if you don’t have one, the top of the fireplace — hang the TV four to twelve inches above. If your mantel is higher than four feet, then hang the TV no more than six inches above.
How much should a mantel overhang?
A mantel should extend a minimum of 3 inches beyond the firebox opening. If the fireplace has facing around the opening, the mantel can also extend 3 or more inches beyond that. Do not guess when sizing the mantel to a room, or the mantel could wind up being too long or too short.