- 1 How do you build a deck around an above ground pool?
- 2 Can you build a deck around an Intex pool?
- 3 What is the best deck material to use around a pool?
- 4 How much does it cost to build deck around above ground pool?
- 5 How much does it cost to put in an above ground pool with a deck?
- 6 What is the coolest pool deck surface?
- 7 How much does it cost to redo pool deck?
- 8 What is the cheapest pool decking?
- 9 How do you build curved deck stairs?
- 10 Can you build a deck around a hot tub?
- 11 Can composite decks be curved?
How do you build a deck around an above ground pool?
We recommend building the pool deck directly under the lip of the pool edge. It is best to set a series of segmented beams and footings about 2′ from the edge of the pool to support around the curved sides. It is a good practice to install joist tape over the top of joists to protect from standing water.
Can you build a deck around an Intex pool?
Sure. Pressure treated lumber lasts just as long around a swimming pool as it does as a patio. I have a setup like this that came with the house. I put that in between the deck and pool.
What is the best deck material to use around a pool?
To create pool decks that resemble natural slate, flagstone or brick, stamped concrete is the ideal choice. When colored with stains or dry-shake color hardeners, stamped concrete looks identical to real stone but is easier to install and maintain.
How much does it cost to build deck around above ground pool?
On average, the cost to build an above ground pool deck can range between $4,700 to $7,800. In some instances, an inexpensive above ground pool deck can cost $2,000. However, some decks can cost significantly more, depending on size and how elaborate the design.
How much does it cost to put in an above ground pool with a deck?
The average cost of an above ground pool with deck installed is $2,500 to $11,200 depending upon the size and height of the pool. The cost to build a deck around an above-ground pool is $15 to $30 per square foot depending upon the design and materials used.
What is the coolest pool deck surface?
Poured concrete has been the material of choice for pool decking for decades because it’s durable and water-resistant. When finished with a brushed surface, poured concrete allows swimmers to walk barefooted without the risk of slipping.
How much does it cost to redo pool deck?
Average Cost to Redo a Pool Deck
A new pool deck costs about $3,000 on average. If you currently have a pool deck but would like to update it, re-surfacing the concrete is an option. Two low-cost options include adding tile or painting your deck.
What is the cheapest pool decking?
Poured concrete is the most popular – and usually most affordable – pool decking material.
How do you build curved deck stairs?
Multi-Feature Curved Deck: Building the Stairs
- Add bracing. A typical stringer just misses the rim joist when set in place.
- Cut a trial stringer. Lay out and cut a trial stringer.
- Lay out the pad.
- Install the stringers.
- Add the top and bottom risers.
- Install any lights.
- Complete the tread installation.
Can you build a deck around a hot tub?
Yes. Many people build decks around their hot tubs. You will need to have access to the service side of the hot tub, which is usually the front. You can leave this area without decking or plan a service hatch that will allow for a service technician to easily access the equipment if needed.
Can composite decks be curved?
Composite decking is flexible enough to be bent across curved sections of the deck. If the decking is hot it will be even easier to bend into the desired shapes.