- 1 How high should a deer protein feeder be?
- 2 What is the best protein feed for deer?
- 3 How many acres do you need for a deer feeder?
- 4 What attracts deer the most?
- 5 What height should a protein feeder be?
- 6 Does human urine attract deer?
- 7 What do deer love to eat the most?
- 8 When should I start giving my deer protein?
- 9 What do you put in a deer feeder?
- 10 What is the best deer feeder?
- 11 Where should I put a deer feeder?
- 12 Can you have too many deer feeders?
- 13 Do deer feeders scare deer?
How high should a deer protein feeder be?
About 36″ should do it.
What is the best protein feed for deer?
The best protein pellets for deer are usually extruded feed, where the ingredients of the pellets are first cooked. Standard pellet feed will usually be the most cost-effective option. Regardless of format, the best food to grow deer antlers always contains the most protein.
How many acres do you need for a deer feeder?
The best way is to go by herd size. We recommend 1 feeding station for every 25 head of deer, or if density is low, at least one feeder for every 400 acres. Research has shown the more feeding stations you can make available, the more deer will utilize supplemental feed.
What attracts deer the most?
Plants that typically attract deer include red clover, chicory, and orchard grass. Certain high-protein crops, such as peas, soybeans, turnips, alfalfa, sorghum, kale, or corn, are also attractants that the animals enjoy feeding on. Deer like the nutritious nuts that come from chestnuts and acorns as well.
What height should a protein feeder be?
38 to 40 inches to the bottom of the tube is a great height for deer.
Does human urine attract deer?
Research has shown, however, that the smell of human urine does not noticeably affect deer, if it affects them at all. With bucks, doe-in-estrous was the most popular, followed by human urine, then car air freshener, then buck urine.
What do deer love to eat the most?
Deer adore fruits and nuts. They love pecans, hickory nuts and beechnuts acorns in addition to acorns. A couple of favorite fruits are apples, blueberries, blackberries and persimmons.
When should I start giving my deer protein?
Supplemental feeding, food plots and mineral supplements are all very beneficial to the deer herd in spring. Provide a high-protein (17-20 percent) feed in trough or gravity feeders (so as not to limit the deer’s intake). I like to start my protein feeding program around May 1 and continue it throughout the summer.
What do you put in a deer feeder?
Spin feeders with corn can be a useful tool to attract deer to the area you would like to start feeding with free-choice feeders. Spin feeders toss out grain or pellets at timed intervals. It can be beneficial to mix at least 25% corn with the pellets to maintain good flow through the spin feeder.
What is the best deer feeder?
Five Best Deer Feeders
- Moultrie Deer Feeder Pro.
- Moultrie 30-Gallon Pro Magnum Hanging Feeder.
- Moultrie Deer Feeder Kit.
- Redneck Outdoors T-Post Gravity Feeder.
- American Hunter 5-Gallon Bucket Feeder.
Where should I put a deer feeder?
Where to Place Your Deer Feeders
- Traffic: Placing your feeder near a high-traffic route that you know deer travel frequently can be a good spot to start.
- Seclusion: Keep feeders in close proximity to cover so deer feel comfortable enough to emerge and feed during daylight hours.
Can you have too many deer feeders?
It’s recommended to have one feeder for every 25 deer. An adult deer normally consumes an average of one-and-a-half pounds of food per day. A 4,000-acre property with abundant deer could necessitate several feeders with a high holding capacity, such as the Feedbank 600, which can accommodate up to 600 pounds of feed.
Do deer feeders scare deer?
Deer feeders are great tools used by thousands of hunters every year. However based on our years of experience, YES they do spook deer. To be more specific, they spook mature bucks.