- 1 How much does it cost to build a bench?
- 2 What wood should I use for outdoor bench?
- 3 What kind of wood should I use for an outdoor bench?
- 4 What wood is good for outdoor seats?
- 5 How deep should a built in bench be?
- 6 How do you cover a bench?
- 7 How tall should a bench be?
- 8 How do you make a corner bench seat?
How much does it cost to build a bench?
Built-in Seating Costs
|Item||Unit Cost||Total Cost|
|Kitchen banquette (L-shaped)||$200-$400 per foot||$800-$1,600|
|Living room/Den (window seat)||$150-$300 per foot||$600-$1,200|
|Deck/Patio (built-in benches)||$500-$800 per foot||$2,000-$3,200|
What wood should I use for outdoor bench?
The three most widely available and suitable exterior lumber choices, not treated with chemical preservatives, include Western red cedar, redwood, and cypress.
What kind of wood should I use for an outdoor bench?
Cedar is a lightweight wood, making it the perfect choice if you plan to move or rearrange your outdoor furniture often. Cedar is also a good choice if you would like your bench to match your house or other furnishings, since it paints and stains well.
What wood is good for outdoor seats?
Everybody knows about teak, possibly the ideal wood for outdoor furniture. Durable, waterproof and resistant to sunlight, as well as very easy on the eye — teak is as close as it gets to perfect. Teak doesn’t attract dirt and is resistant to insects, allowing it to be left out in the most adverse weather conditions.
How deep should a built in bench be?
Bench depth should be 19-22 inches (48-56 cm). Bench can overlap by 4-5 inches (10-13 cm). Each setting width should allow a minimum of 24 inches (61 cm), though 30 inches (76 cm) is reckoned ideal.
How do you cover a bench?
Consider placing a bottom cover on the bottom of the bench to protect the upholstery. Cut a piece of fabric that is one inch smaller than your wood base on all sides. Choose interfacing, cotton or synthetic fabric. Staple the bottom cover over the raw upholstery edges every inch or two.
How tall should a bench be?
Height: Standard bench height for decks and outdoor benches is typically between 18″ and 20″. Keep in mind that is assuming the table you’re building the benches for hovers around 29-30 inches, the standard height for tables.
How do you make a corner bench seat?
- Step 1: Plan Your Bench to Fit Your Space.
- Step 2: Cut Panels for the Boxes.
- Step 3: Build the Boxes.
- Step 4: Measure and Cut Out Holes for Existing Electrical Outlets.
- Step 5: Cut the Lid and Seat Pieces.
- Step 6: Assemble the Lids.
- Step 7: Cut the Piano Hinges.
- Step 8: Drill and Pin the Seat to the Boxes.