- 1 Can I put my guinea pig cage outside?
- 2 How do you run an outdoor guinea pig?
- 3 Do guinea pigs like blankets?
- 4 Should guinea pigs be kept inside or outside?
- 5 Are toilet paper rolls safe for guinea pigs?
- 6 Can I use puppy pads in guinea pig cage?
- 7 Can guinea pigs drink tap water?
- 8 Do guinea pigs stink?
- 9 What do you put at the bottom of a guinea pig cage?
- 10 What is the best bedding for guinea pigs?
- 11 What do you put in a guinea pig run?
- 12 What toys should I get my guinea pig?
Can I put my guinea pig cage outside?
Guinea pigs can be kept outside in an outdoor cage under the condition that the temperatures are not too high or too low. They can‘t tolerate heat or cold that well and will also need protection from potential predators like cats and foxes.
How do you run an outdoor guinea pig?
Give your guinea pig a few toys to help it have fun while enjoying the outdoors! Pick small, plastic guinea pig balls, tunnels, or wooden chew toys and put these inside the run. Supervise your guinea pig while it’s in the run. Place your guinea pig into its new run and watch it play and explore!
Do guinea pigs like blankets?
Guinea pigs are very fond of and love soft materials. They love to have a blanket or pillow in their enclosure. You will likely be enticed to place similar items in your guinea pig enclosure for additional comfort.
Should guinea pigs be kept inside or outside?
Home comforts. Guinea pigs are curious and like to see what’s going on, so they can be kept either indoors or out. However, they have sensitive hearing so, unless your home is quiet, they are usually happiest outdoors. They need a large predator-proof wooden hutch and run.
Are toilet paper rolls safe for guinea pigs?
Caution! Many guinea pigs like to chew on cardboard and used paper rolls. If all glue cannot be safely removed or cut off, then discard the roll and do not give to your guinea pig.
Can I use puppy pads in guinea pig cage?
Puppy pads can be used in a guinea pigs cage as long as they are switched out, or cleaned often. Leaving them in the cage for too long can make it a dirty place for them to live.
Can guinea pigs drink tap water?
A good rule is to offer your guinea pigs the same type of plain water that you drink. If you drink tap water, that’s fine for your guinea pigs.
Do guinea pigs stink?
Now we think it’s fair to say that guinea pigs are generally very clean animals (we’re not biased, honest!) and as long as they are cleaned out regularly, then no, they don’t smell! Guinea pigs groom themselves and there’s nothing cuter than watching them have a ‘wash’ with their paws!
Do use wood or hay bedding
If you want to use wood bedding, the best options are aspen, softwood or hay. Make sure that the product has been dust-extracted and that the wood you choose has no natural aromas. Hay is particularly good as it helps control odours, is absorbent and 100% natural.
What is the best bedding for guinea pigs?
The best bedding for guinea pigs
- Aspen bedding.
- Unscented, large granule/strand paper pellets.
- Natural paper bedding.
- White, unbleached paper bedding.
- Crumble paper bedding.
- Soft paper granules.
- Confetti paper bedding.
- Hemp bedding.
What do you put in a guinea pig run?
Guinea pig runs
If you want to make a run yourself, you should use a sturdy mesh, at least 16 gauge or less. You should build the frame first, so that you end up with several panels. You should then attach the wire mesh. You can do this using either a staple gun or U nails.
What toys should I get my guinea pig?
The 9 Best Guinea Pig Toys
- Best Chew Toy: Kaytee Perfect Chews for Guinea Pigs at Amazon.
- Best Tunnel: Living World Pet Tunnel at Amazon.
- Best Playpen: Prevue Pet Products Multi-Color Small Pet Playpen at Amazon.
- Best Ball: Ware Manufacturing Willow Branch Ball for Small Animals at Amazon.
- Best Wooden Toy:
- Best Swing:
- Best Feeding Toy:
- Best Hideout: