- 1 Can you build a wood deck over a concrete porch?
- 2 Can you lay decking directly on concrete?
- 3 How do you cover a concrete porch?
- 4 How do you attach wood to concrete without drilling?
- 5 What is a floating deck?
- 6 What can I cover my concrete patio with?
- 7 Is decking easy to do?
- 8 How do you lay decking on uneven ground?
- 9 What should I put under my deck?
- 10 How high off the ground should decking be?
- 11 How do you attach wood to concrete?
- 12 Can you put Trex over concrete porch?
- 13 How can I make my concrete porch look better?
- 14 How do you make concrete look good again?
Can you build a wood deck over a concrete porch?
Even if your patio is in terrible shape, you can deck over it. (depending on the thickness of your decking and whether or not you put spacers under the sleepers). So any door thresholds adjoining the patio must be at least that far above the concrete.
Can you lay decking directly on concrete?
Yes, you can lay or install composite decking on concrete if your want to.
How do you cover a concrete porch?
Cover Your Concrete Patio – Ideas
- Fake A Concrete Patio Cover Up With Stain.
- How to Cover Your Patio with Paint and Make It look Like Tile.
- Use Pavers to Cover Your Concrete Patio.
- Use Tile To Cover a Concrete Patio.
- Concrete Patio Idea – Cover Up with a Deck!
- Another Concrete Patio Cover Up Using Stain.
How do you attach wood to concrete without drilling?
If you are willing to make holes in the concrete but do not want to buy the particular drill bit needed, then the simplest solution is to get nails for your project. Standard nails will not work on concrete, but some nails are made specifically for nailing wood to concrete. Cut nails will also work for this as well.
What is a floating deck?
A floating deck, also called a free standing deck, is simply a deck that’s not attached to any structure, including (of course) your house. To understand how to build a floating deck, here are a few basics. As an independent structure, a floating deck has a few advantages over an attached deck.
What can I cover my concrete patio with?
You can‘t turn back time on spalling or cracks, but you can cover them up with the right concrete repair products. For example, a layer of Quikrete’s Re-Cap Concrete Resurfacer will give your patio a smooth and wear-resistant finish with the look of freshly poured concrete, but with a shorter working and wait time.
Is decking easy to do?
Laying decking is an easier job than you might have first thought. The more planning you do and the more you understand the steps, the easier the job will be. There are several ways you can lay decking but we’re going to talk you through building a raised deck and how to lay decking on grass.
How do you lay decking on uneven ground?
To build a decking base on sloped uneven ground:
- Clear the area of all grass, weeds and debris using a good quality spade.
- Dig 1ft deep post holes.
- Set the posts using post mix so that the top is at or slightly above the desired height.
What should I put under my deck?
If the area under your deck or stairs will collect water or is prone to gathering moisture, an inorganic mulch such as gravel, crushed rocks or river rocks is best. Gravel is a good material to place under outdoor structures, because it allows water to drain and doesn’t decompose.
How high off the ground should decking be?
The height of the parapet depends on how far the deck surface is off the ground: For ‘low-level’ decks up to 600mm from ground level – parapet height should be 900mm. For ‘high-level’ decks over 600mm high – parapet height should be 1100mm.
How do you attach wood to concrete?
The fastest and easiest way to attach most wood parts to concrete is to use a powder-actuated gun. To use it, load a special gun nail and a. 22 caliber gun shell into the barrel. Press the nose against the workpiece, pull the trigger and the shell will drive the fastener directly into the concrete.
Can you put Trex over concrete porch?
Some may be wondering, “Can you lay Trex composite decking over concrete?” Yes!
How can I make my concrete porch look better?
Don’t stop with just a concrete patio makeover. Build one of these 2×4 patio projects, a patio set, or a plywood sectional.
Concrete Patio Ideas
- Paint a Pattern.
- Lay Decking Flooring.
- Add Curves With Pavers.
- Lay Slate Tiles.
- Stain the Concrete to Look Like Tile.
- Add a Beautiful Outdoor Rug.
- Paint Concrete.
How do you make concrete look good again?
3 Ways to Make Old Concrete Look New Again
- Power Wash. Over time, your concrete will accumulate grime and dirt.
- Resurface. If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to improve your curb appeal, resurfacing your concrete steps and driveway is a great way to start.
- Add Stain or Sealing Coats.
- Revive Your Old Concrete.