How do you organize a military shadow box?
How to Arrange Army Medals in a Shadow Box
- Cut out a piece of paper in the same size as the shadow box.
- Arrange the medals in straight columns and rows, in order of level.
- Attach the medals to the shadow box.
- Cut out the template to plan the arrangement.
- Organize the medals.
- Attach the medals with silicone glue or hook and loop fasteners.
How do I display military awards?
The classic, tride-and-true way of how to display your military medals is by wearing a medal rack on your uniform. Wearing your medals during a wedding, banquet, funeral, is a traditional and classic way to display your medals, if only for a short time.
How do you secure a jacket in a shadow box?
Here are mounting options to secure items in a shadow box frame.
- Glue. You can glue the back of the item directly onto the mounting board or the backing of the shadowbox frame.
- Poster putty. For light items, poster putty can work.
- Invisible thread and decorative cloth.
- Pegboard and twist ties.
What is required to get a shadow of an object?
To form a shadow a source of light is required. It is only when light rays are obstructed we get the shadow of the object. They are only formed in opaque or translucent objects. If we take a glass slab, no shadow is formed because it allows light to pass through it.